1. What is Bizzy City?
Bizzy City was built to provide your child an entertaining and educational online experience without the dangers and uncertainties that are inherent to the internet. Although each parent’s philosophy may be different as far as to what content they consider appropriate their child, we believe Bizzy City offers a unique alternative to experience the internet and the benefits it offers in a safe, controlled environment.
2. How do you select content for Bizzy City?
All of our media is selected to be appropriate for children ages approximately 8-14 years old. We screen for language, attitude, violence and mature themes. Furthermore, though certain content has historically been acceptable for children, we preview individual programs and articles, and make selections based on the prevalent theme of the story. For example, we will exclude a western tv show where the plot centers on criminal activity or romance.
3. What if I find content of which I don’t approve?
We work hard to provide only content that is age appropriate and family friendly. However, every parent is different in what they allow their child to listen, watch or read. We are parents and understand the difficulty in those decisions. That is why we offer the 3 day trial membership where you can explore Bizzy City and decide whether it is right for your child.
4. Are there any advertisers on Bizzy City?
There are currently no site sponsors or advertisers on Bizzy City. However, in order to be able to make their programs available, show producers may include short ads before their shows. This is now standard practice on the internet over which Bizzy City has no control. These ads are programmed to be appropriate and family friendly given the nature of the show to which they are attached. You can choose to block all ads via the Adblock Video. See below.
5. Will Bizzy City work in any browser?
Bizzy City has been verified to work in the following browsers: Firefox, IE9, Chrome and Safari. For best results we recommend that you use Firefox as your Bizzy City browser. You can download Firefoxhere.Then, if you choose, download the Firefox Adblock Videohereto block all video ads on Bizzy City.
6. Will my child be able to use Bizzy City without my assistance?
To be able to navigate the different areas of Bizzy City, your child needs to have beginning computer and literacy skills. They should be familiar with links, videos and music players and basic internet icons and terminology. They should also be able to read and spell at an intermediate level.
7. How do I access the members area of the site?
At the top of the page you will see the login box. Click on it and enter your user name and password that you created during registration. You will then be directed to the homepage.
8. How does the Friends Cafe work?.
When you log in to Bizzy City you are automatically logged in to the Friends Cafe, the smaller and safer Bizzy City version of the popular social network, Facebook. At the top left of the page is a drop down menu for the different functions of Friends Cafe. They are:
- Activity: Members can follow the activity of their friends or groups on Bizzy City.
- Profile: The profile section allows members to describe themselves. It can include friends, activity, groups, the latest posts by the member, a profile bio, and contact info.
- Friends: Members can add each other as friends, this allows them to communicate and track the activity of others easily and focus on the people they care about the most.
- Messages: Allows members to message each other privately so discussion doesn’t have to be “out in the open”. Not just limited to one-on-one discussions, messages can be sent between any number of members.
- Groups: Members can create and join groups on whatever topics they like.